3 Step Road Map to Starting a Tree Climbing Program
Start Climbing and Having Fun
- Select and Prepare a Tree
- Obtain Gear
- Train the Lead Facilitator and Staff
guides you from the beginning to a fully implemented and operating program.
Detailed info for the 3 steps:
- Select a Strong Tree with Spreading Branches (see First Steps)
- The tree could be at your site or at a park, school, camp or woodland nearby.
- Adventure Tree's Certified Arborist helps select and prepare the tree.
- Dead wood is removed for safety, and then anchor points for ropes are identified.
- Acquire the Climbing Gear
- Start small or large; you can add more gear later.
- Adventure Tree provides high quality gear packages.
- The facilitator trainee puts the gear into service under the guidance of Adventure Tree.
- Adventure Tree Trains the Lead Facilitator(s) and Support Staff
- Facilitator candidates should be capable, physically fit and responsible.
- Training for 1 facilitator requires 4 consecutive days. For 2-4 facilitators, 5 total days are required.
- The new facilitator conducts at least 2 practice tree climbing events during training.
- All training is conducted at your site with your climbing tree and gear.
- You're Now Ready to Provide Fun and Exciting Tree Climbs for Your Participants
- Adventure Tree assesses the facilitator and the program throughout the training and implementation.
Upon successful completion, Adventure Tree certifies the tree climbing program.
- Adventure Tree stays in touch for support.
Ready to get started? Take a look at the First Steps.
See the Costs page for info about fees.
Here is a downloadable Road Map document.